State Champ Radio

by DJ Frosty

Current track

Title

Artist

Current show
blank

State Champ Radio Mix

1:00 pm 7:00 pm

Current show
blank

State Champ Radio Mix

1:00 pm 7:00 pm


News

Page: 93

HipHopWired Featured Video

Source: Houston Chronicle/Hearst Newspapers / Getty
After filing multiple assault lawsuits against Diddy, Tony Buzbee has been forced to withdraw from representing the alleged victims.

As per TMZ the Houston, TX. attorney will not be able to proceed with many of the lawsuits he has filed against Sean “Diddy” Combs. Last month the mogul’s legal representation filed a motion that he does not have authorization to practice law in the Southern District of New York. This week he submitted paperwork formally removing himself from 15 sexual assault cases. “I made an error in judgment by failing to inform you that I was not admitted to the Southern District” the paperwork read.

Tony Buzbee says he plans to remain involved while his New York based counsel will move forward with the high profile cases. U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams has yet to approve the request as per the order she filed on Tuesday, Mar. 11 demanding he explain why he didn’t make it clear he is not approved to practice law in the district.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ he details the reasoning for the move to withdraw. “I personally withdrew, not my firm, from the few federal court cases we have on file until such time as my admission is cleared up” he says. “I’m still attorney in charge in all the New York state cases and intend to file cases very soon in Nevada and California.”
This is not the first time Tony Buzbee has been accused of errors with regards to his legal practice. Back in January JAY-Z’s team called out the attorney for missing several “factual inconsistencies” in his client’s story that she was sexually assaulted by JAY-Z and Diddy back in 2000.

Tina Knowles is the ultimate matriarch in Hollywood, and the businesswoman and beloved mom to Beyoncé and Solange Knowles will be receiving a special honor at this year’s Billboard Women in Music event. Knowles will be the first-ever Mother of the Year honoree at the event taking place live at the YouTube Theater in Inglewood, […]

HipHopWired Featured Video

Source: MTA / MTA

On Wednesday (March 19), the Metropolitan Transportation Authority made the announcement that transit riders in New York City were expecting the agency would end sales of the MetroCard at the end of the year. All stations would stop selling the MetroCard on Dec. 31, in conjunction with the stoppage of sales in retail locations and bodegas around the city. The OMNY tap-and-go system would then be the only one in use throughout the five boroughs.

“After 32 years, it’s time to say goodbye to the MetroCard and go all in on the fare payment system of the future,” said MTA Chairman Janno Lieber in the statement, adding that the move to OMNY “also opens the door for new discounts and promotions that’ll put money back in riders’ pockets.” OMNY, which was created by the Cubic company with the MTA as a result of their $573 million deal in 2017, had a slow installation and roll-out in 2019 exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. The first wave of OMNY vending machines encountering manufacturing issues also delayed the MTA’s planned phaseout of the MetroCard by two years. 

OMNY users can purchase a card for $1 at participating retailers and load up with an online account or at OMNY vending machines. They can also use digital wallets on their smartphones and watches to pay the fare. In an interview with Gothamist, MTA spokesperson Joana Flores said that the end date for the MetroCard aligns with the agency’s plan to have at least one OMNY vending machine in all 472 subway stations by the fall.

The MTA encourages riders to spend down their remaining MetroCard balances, but they can use existing balances to pay fares on buses and subway trains until the end of 2026. The change is expected to save the MTA $20 million annually. Those wondering about the discounts they currently have with 30-day MetroCards may see that vanish as well – there is no option for that with OMNY, and a potential fare hike by the MTA later this year could prohibit that from being implemented. 

A new Paramount+ documentary will dive into the struggles behind Nick Carter and Aaron Carter’s rise to fame, and a new trailer for The Carters shows how much the highs and lows affected the people closest to them. Explore See latest videos, charts and news See latest videos, charts and news Told through the eyes […]

HipHopWired Featured Video

Source: Julia Beverly / Getty
A few weeks ago, it was reported that Marcus Jordan was taken into custody for driving under the influence and the possession of a white powder, which was thought to be cocaine but turned out to be ketamine.

Now, TMZ is reporting that Jordan is admitting that he has a substance abuse problem weeks after the arrest, and a judge will be ordering him to seek counseling to address his problem going forward. Facing three charges, including a felony count of ketamine possession, a misdemeanor count of DUI with property damage, and another misdemeanor count of resisting an officer, Jordan originally pleaded not guilty. But apparently, he’ll be owning up to his actions and looking to make a deal as he was basically caught with his hand in the ketamine jar.
Per TMZ:

In a new court filing, obtained by TMZ Sports, Jordan and his attorneys revealed the 34-year-old has been dealing with “challenges” related to his “alcohol/substance use” … and now, he wants a judge to order him to complete a Pre-Trial Substance Abuse Education and Treatment Intervention Program in an effort to help him with these issues.
Jordan’s attorneys argued the program would “not only benefit him personally but also serve the community by reducing the likelihood of future offenses.” They added in the documents that Michael‘s son “is amenable to treatment.”
Marcus, according to the docs, would waive his right to a speedy trial if the judge grants the motion.
Well, at least he’s admitting he has a problem. That’s always the first step in cases like this. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and sobers up before he ultimately backdoors all his Trophy Room exclusive Jordans to ketamine pushers or something. Yes, us sneakerheads are still salty about that Air Jordan 1 “Freeze Out” release. Just sayin’.
What do y’all think about Marcus Jordan owning up to his problem? Let us know in the comments section below.

HipHopWired Featured Video

Source: DOMINIC GWINN / Getty
A former employee of Eminem has been charged by the FBI for his role in leaking unreleased songs by the rapper online.
According to reports, federal prosecutors have criminally charged a former employee of superstar rapper Eminem in connection with the sale of unreleased music. The employee, Joseph Strange, worked at a studio of Eminem’s in Ferndale, Michigan, from 2007 to 2021. Current employees at the studio alerted the Federal Bureau of Investigation that more than 25 songs that Eminem recorded between 1999 to 2018  were leaked online in January. The announcement of Strange’s arrest and the charges were made on Wednesday (March 19).

FBI agents quickly identified people who bought the music from Strange, with one person stating he paid Strange $50,000 in Bitcoin and that Strange claimed to have 300 unreleased tracks by Eminem along with handwritten lyric sheets. Strange is charged with copyright infringement and interstate transportation of stolen goods. If convicted of the first charge, he faces a sentence of up to five years in prison and a fine of $250,000. A conviction on the second charge could net him a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.
Eminem’s manager, John Fisher, told the FBI that Strange had no authority to possess the files. Agents would search Strange’s home on Jan. 28, finding records of financial payments for the sales of the songs along with seizing hard drives where the unreleased music was stored. Among the songs was “Smack You,” which made headlines in January due to lyrics dissing Ja Rule and Suge Knight. “Protecting intellectual property from thieves is critical in safeguarding the exclusive rights of creators and protecting their original work from reproduction and distribution by individuals who seek to profit from the creative output of others,” said acting U.S. Attorney Julie Beck in their office’s statement.
“Eminem and his team are very appreciative of the efforts by the FBI Detroit bureau for its thorough investigation which led to the charges against Joe Strange,” Eminem spokesperson Dennis Dennehy said. “The significant damage caused by a trusted employee to Eminem’s artistic legacy and creative integrity cannot be overstated, let alone the enormous financial losses incurred by the many creators and collaborators that deserve protection for their decades of work. We will continue to take any and all steps necessary to protect Eminem’s art and will stop at nothing to do so.”

In the ‘90s, Selena Quintanilla singlehandedly revolutionized the Tejano genre, fusing her authentic Mexican roots with bold new sounds such as R&B, pop, dance and rock. 

With her bubbly charm, dazzling aura and a universal appeal, which powered hits like “Como La Flor,” “Dreaming of You,” “Amor Prohibido” and “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” the artist, known as the Queen of Tejano, shattered ceilings in a genre that was predominantly dominated by men, earning a zealous fanbase both in the U.S. and in Mexico.

Well on her way to a major mainstream crossover, the Mexican-American powerhouse was tragically shot dead on March 31, 1995 at the age of 23. However, her music and legacy has stood the test of time and, along the way, she’s influenced a new generation of hitmakers, making her a bona fide Latin icon in pop culture 30 years later.

On the Billboard charts, Selena earned 24 entries on Top Latin Albums, 16 of which hit top 10 and seven No. 1’s—among them Amor Prohibido, spending 20 weeks at the top in 1994 and Dreaming of You, released posthumously, which spent 40 weeks at the top in 1995.  On the Regional Mexican Albums and Latin Pop Albums charts, the late artist placed seven and six No. 1 titles, respectively. Amor Prohibido topped the former chart for nearly 100 weeks. 

As a testament to her enduring legacy, the Quintanilla family released Moonchild Mixes in 2022 — an album with 10 previously unreleased songs that the superstar recorded between the ages of 13 and 16. The set peaked at No. 1 on the Latin Pop Albums chart that same year. 

“We as a family had discussed this amongst ourselves that in the future, after Selena’s passing, we were going to maintain her presence through her music and we’ve done that,” A.B. Quintanilla, Selena’s dad, previously told Billboard. “I’m more than sure that the fans are going to love it because if you listen to it, it’ll move you emotionally and take you back to as if Selena was recording it this morning.”

Here, Billboard ranks the albums that make up Selena’s incomparable recorded legacy. There are also a handful of compilation and live albums released throughout her career and after her passing — including Live!, which won the Grammy award for Best Mexican-American Album in 1994 — but while some have entered the Billboard charts, we are ranking only the studio albums released since her EMI Latin label debut in 1989. See our list below.

Selena (1989)

Image Credit: Courtesy Photo

For the first time ever, Mexico has entered the top 10 global music markets, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) has confirmed to Billboard Español. The milestone was driven by a 15.6% increase in recorded music revenue, as revealed in the IFPI’s 2025 Global Music Report published Wednesday (March 19). Mexico’s climb to No. […]

HipHopWired Featured Video

CLOSE

Bud Light was once considered the beer of tough guys who love all things ‘Murrica, that is until the company worked with a trans influencer with MAGA and Kid Rock losing their marbles.  Bud Light was trending on X once again after the House Judiciary Committee’s account on the social media platform called out Democrats for attempting to tank American businesses but failed to point the finger at the party’s previous callouts.
In a recent  X post, the House Judiciary Committee’s X account shared a video of Gov. Tim Walz speaking about how the tumbling stock prices of Tesla brought him a little bit of joy considering how Elon Musk’s DOGE branch is gutting government spending without any foresight or methodology other than rampant and wanton destruction.

In the caption of the video, the @JudiciaryGOP account wrote, “Democrats are CHEERING for American companies to fail. Disgusting behavior.”
Elon Musk is a South African national with established businesses in America, in case anyone needs to keep count here.
Amazingly, X’s community notes made sure to highlight that just under two years ago, the @JudiciaryGOP account wrote, “Bud Light. Disney. Target. Go WOKE. Go BROKE,” leaning heavily into the MAGA-fueled trope that any support for the LGBTQ community, or anything the includes Black people, and even centers women is some sort of “woke” agenda, which doesn’t even make sense.
Of course, folks who know that many GOP leaders are spineless cowards who throw rocks and then hide their hands because when the shoe is on the other foot, these GOP-friendly accounts, official or not, take great measures to dress down any type of pushback or opposition to their extreme ideologies and can’t take the heat when it comes back.
Tesla’s stock has indeed been in a rapid tumble since Musk and his DOGE operation have gutted the entire fabric of the American government. Worse, GOP members of Congress have applauded the haphazard cuts and President Donald Trump has fecklessly conceded to allowing Musk to do whatever he wants, which includes dressing like a sun-starved edge lord in the Oval Office.
On X, users are calling @JudiciaryGOP’s hypocrisy and mentioning how Bud Light and other American companies have been targets of the MAGA nuts in times past. Check out the reactions below.

Photo: G Fiume / Getty

HipHopWired Featured Video

Source: Variety / Getty
Over the last few weeks, Kanye West has been on a wild one with his X posts and airing of grievances, but it seems like someone was blindsided by his antics as Diddy had no clue that Yeezy was recording what he thought was a private conversation between the two men.

After weeks of calling for the release of Diddy and even tweeting that Cassie ran some of the orgies that were credited to Diddy’s “freak offs,” Kanye West got on the horn with the disgraced music mogul. But unbeknownst to Diddy, Yeezy was recording their conversation and would later release the video for all to hear.

According to Page Six, the “Diddler” was under the impression that he and Kanye were having a man-to-man conversation from his jail cell from the Brooklyn Detention Center. Now that their phone call has been made public – by Kanye – the “Bad Boy For Life” rapper seems to feel violated as he had no intention on becoming a part of Kanye’s current drama filled life.
Page Six reports:
“Puff didn’t know it was being recorded [on video],” a source exclusively told The Post, adding that the Bad Boy Records founder “thought he was having a friend call him to check on his kids.”
The insider further explained that Combs feels like “collateral damage in the debacle over Ye’s new song,” which Kim Kardashian was against being released as it featured her oldest daughter with West, North.
“The beef is really with Kim,” they added, explained that it is “a matter of older influential Black men knowing these guys are kind of flying blindly.”
The insider also confirmed that “the call was real and not AI” after many netizens questioned its legitimacy.
It’s crazy how Kanye went on a rant about being betrayed by so many of his rap peers only to betray Diddy by posting their private phone call.
This comes on the heels of Kanye calling Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s kids “retarded,” accusing the Kardashian family of sex trafficking and proudly declaring himself a Nazi.
We’re not sure what Kanye’s endgame is with his 2025 online meltdown, but it’s gotten to the point where people are just accepting and ignoring his outlandish posts as each one seems to be darker and weirder with every passing day.
As for Diddy, he seems confident that he’ll be exonerated of the sex trafficking charges he’s currently facing. On the call, he told Kanye that she system is simply trying to “end us” and added “They can’t do it and they ain’t gonna do it. I’m going to beat this sh*t and get next to you.”

“When I get out there, man, I want to see you f–king tear down the stadiums,” Diddy said, according to Page Six. “I need to see you back on that stage, f–king actually rapping and f–king performing and everything. I be dreaming of that s–t.”
Kinda seems like both these men are living in a reality that we can’t see.
What do y’all think about Kanye West leaking his phone call with Diddy? Fair or foul? Let us know in the comments section below.