News
Page: 117
Stevie Wonder has added another major stop to his Love, Light & Song U.K. tour. The R&B legend will headline BST Hyde Park for the third time when he performs on the Great Oak Stage on July 12; support act will be named later. Explore Explore See latest videos, charts and news See latest videos, […]
Well, that was fast. Just two weeks after Conan O’Brien hosted the Oscars for the first time, the Motion Picture Academy announced that he will be back to host the 2026 show. O’Brien is the first first-time host to host again the following year since Jimmy Kimmel in 2017-18.
“The only reason I’m hosting the Oscars next year is that I want to hear Adrien Brody finish his speech,” O’Brien said with characteristic dry wit. (The best actor winner set a new record for the longest acceptance speech – it clocked in at 5:36 – in Oscar history.)
It can’t be a coincidence that the Oscars chose to make the announcement on St. Patrick’s Day. O’Brien was famously raised in an Irish Catholic family. The host announcement is much earlier in the year than normal, a strong vote of confidence in the new host. Last year, the Academy announced O’Brien as host on Nov. 15. O’Brien’s success as an Oscars host makes up for his bumpy, eight-month run as host of another legendary franchise, The Tonight Show, in 2009-10.
Trending on Billboard
O’Brien, 61, has won five Primetime Emmys. He is set to receive the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor on March 23.
Last week, the Golden Globes made a similarly early announcement that they are bringing back first-time host Nikki Glaser to host their 2026 show.
The 2025 Oscars, held on March 2, delivered a five-year high in both total viewers (19.69 million) and adults 18-49 (4.54 rating) and ranked as the No. 1 primetime entertainment telecast in both total viewers and adults for the 2024-25 season. The show earned 104.2 million total social interactions, ranking as the No. 1 most social TV program for the season to date, outperforming both The Grammy Awards (102.2 million interactions) and The Super Bowl (62.4 million) this season for the first time on record.
The 2026 Oscars will air live on ABC on Sunday, March 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. It’s the third year in a row that the telecast will start at 4 p.m. on the West Coast – in an effort to make it so that East Coast viewers can find out who wins the biggest awards before they go to bed. (This year’s show ended at 10:50 p.m. ET, making that goal a reality for all but the earliest risers.)
The show has aired on ABC every year since 1976, when that network took over from NBC, which had aired it in the five previous years. The Academy’s current deal with ABC, signed in 2016, allows it to televise the show through 2028, which will be the year of the show’s 100th anniversary.
An Academy statement did not mention Hulu, which livestreamed the show this year for the first time. Technical glitches marred the livestream.
The show will again be held at the Dolby Theatre at Ovation Theater in Hollywood, its home base for every year but one since 2002. (The best-forgotten 2021 pandemic show was held at the Union Station in downtown L.A.)
Raj Kapoor and Katy Mullan will return as the show’s executive producers for the third consecutive year. They first served in that capacity in 2024, when Kimmel hosted. They each won Primetime Emmys for outstanding variety special (live) for that show. Kapoor had previously won for outstanding variety special (pre-recorded) for his work on Adele: One Night Only.
“We are both so honored to be returning in our roles for the 98th Oscars,” Kapoor and Mullan said in a joint statement. “We can’t wait to work with Conan and his entire team as we continue to explore even more special and heartfelt opportunities to celebrate next year’s nominees and the impact of film around the world.”
Jeff Ross and Mike Sweeney will return as producers for a second time. Sweeney will also serve as a writer. Sweeney has won three Primetime Emmys for previous productions with O’Brien. Ross has won one.
“We are thrilled to bring back Conan, Raj, Katy, Jeff and Mike for the 98th Oscars!” said Academy CEO Bill Kramer and president Janet Yang in a joint statement. “This year, they produced a hugely entertaining and visually stunning show that celebrated our nominees and the global film community in the most beautiful and impactful way. Conan was the perfect host – skillfully guiding us through the evening with humor, warmth and reverence. It is an honor to be working with them again.”

For Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco love is definitely on the menu. Literally. The couple announced on Sunday (March 16) that they have teamed up with the authentic Thai restaurant Jitlada in L.A. to help other couples enjoy the fried shrimp with curry the singers shared on their first date at the spot. Explore See […]
BTS‘ j-hope previewed his upcoming solo single on Friday, giving ARMY a nine-second taste of the thumping tune. With a buzzy, glitched-out beat and woozy bass line, the first taste of the tune lacked audible vocals, though there did appear to be some chopped-up voices buried in the mix. A first taste on X featured […]
Iggy Azalea has accused Universal Music Group (UMG) of withholding millions of dollars in unpaid royalties, taking to social media to demand what she claims is rightfully hers.
Explore
Explore
See latest videos, charts and news
See latest videos, charts and news
The Australian rapper, known for her 2014 smash hit “Fancy,” claimed in a series of posts on X (formerly Twitter) on Saturday, claiming that UMG has failed to pay her international royalties throughout her career. “Crazy how in my entire career I was never paid a single royalty by Universal Music for anything outside of the USA. They owe me millions of dollars in back pay, that they technically stole from me, as per my contract I am due payment. The amount owed is in the 8-figure range,” the rapper wrote.
She further revealed that UMG attempted to settle the matter with a payout far below what she believes she is owed. “Last week they tried to respond to my lawyer and offer me a settlement of 18k. I’m told this is a normal response from their lawyers and after appearing in court they end up paying millions as they’re supposed to.”
Trending on Billboard
Azalea, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, signed with Island Def Jam under the UMG umbrella in 2013 before moving to Island Records and eventually parting ways with the company in 2018. Despite her departure, she claims that the label has continued to withhold her earnings, particularly from outside the United States.
Beyond her own case, Azalea expanded her criticism to UMG’s treatment of artists in general.“I’d like to publicly say that I think Universal Music are criminals who actively take advantage of ALL of their artists in perpetuity for their own gain … Universal music really needs to do better in their treatment of the artists who quite literally earn them millions via intellectual property they had zero part in creating. Yuck.”
The rapper didn’t hold back in her final statement, making a direct demand to the label: “Universal music mark my words you ugly b**** – You will pay me what’s owed.” She added that her dispute with UMG has been ongoing for “over two years and counting.”
UMG has not publicly responded to Azalea’s accusations. However, this is not the first time the label has faced allegations of withholding royalties.
Limp Bizkit previously sued UMG, claiming they had not been paid their due earnings due to a software system allegedly designed to “systematically prevent artists from being paid their royalties.”
Azalea has remained independent since leaving the major label system, releasing music on her own terms. While she has not announced any specific legal action, her posts suggest that the fight for her royalties is far from over.
Azalea has earned four career Billboard 200 entries, including her Grammy-nominated debut studio album, The New Classic (No. 3), her highest-charting entry on the ranking to date. On the Billboard Hot 100, she has notched three top ten hits from 13 total entries, including “Problem” (No. 2, with Ariana Grande), “Black Widow” (No. 3, with Rita Ora) and “Fancy” (No. 1, with Charli XCX). Her most recent musical release is last year’s “Money Come,” which received a remix featuring Ivorian Doll and Big Boss Vette.
Ed Sheeran gave fans in New Orleans an unexpected treat on March 15, debuting his unreleased song “Azizam” during a surprise street performance in the city’s historic French Quarter.
Explore
Explore
See latest videos, charts and news
See latest videos, charts and news
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter, accompanied by The Soul Rebels brass band, drew an excited crowd as he performed the track live for the first time.
Sheeran stepped out of a black SUV just after 11 a.m. local time, carrying a portable amp and microphone. “We’re gonna do one song here – we’re filming a bit of content – and then we’re going to do a parade and walk down and play some songs, if you want to come with us,” he told the audience, per Nola.com.
The performance marked the live debut of “Azizam”, which Sheeran revealed would be released in the coming weeks.
Trending on Billboard
“I’ve got a new song coming in a couple weeks that no one’s heard. This will be the first time it’s ever been played live. We’ll play it once now and then we’ll walk down, play some songs that you know, and I’ll play this song again,” he continued.
Sheeran later shared a video of the performance on Instagram, showing himself rolling his amp through the streets as the crowd grew around him. “Playing some new music today on the streets of New Orleans with @thesoulrebels thanks to everyone who turned up!” he captioned the post.
The New Orleans pop-up was just the latest in a series of unannounced performances from Sheeran. Earlier in the week, he surprised fans in Nashville by performing an impromptu set at Tootsie’s bar, delivering a mix of his biggest hits along with a cover of Britney Spears’ “…Baby One More Time.”
His love for impromptu performances has been a recurring theme. Back in February, he attempted a street concert in Bengaluru, India, drawing a large crowd before local authorities intervened. Despite the show being pre-approved, officials shut it down due to security concerns. Sheeran later addressed the situation on Instagram, clarifying that the performance had been planned in advance and assuring fans it was all in good spirits.
With speculation surrounding his upcoming album, Play, Sheeran has been teasing new music in creative ways. “Azizam” is expected to be one of the project’s lead singles, and if his recent pop-ups are any indication, fans can likely expect more surprise performances in the lead-up to its release. His previous album, Autumn Variations, debuted in 2023, earning a spot on the Billboard 200.
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard will be absent from the group’s upcoming tour plans, citing a “health issue” as the reason for his newly-announced leave of absence.
Explore
Explore
See latest videos, charts and news
See latest videos, charts and news
The Texas trio announced the news on Saturday (March 15), explaining that Beard would be absent from the group’s current Elevation tour due to the need to undergo an unspecified health procedure.
“Shelter Music Group, ZZ Top’s management, has announced the band’s drummer, Mr. Frank Beard, has temporarily stepped away from the current tour to attend a health issue requiring his focus in the near term,” a social media post from the band read.
“Beard, along with fellow ZZ Top members Billy F Gibbons and Elwood Francis, presently on the Elevation tour since March 5, have engaged fellow Texan and longtime tech member, percussionist and drummer, John Douglas, for the interim.”
Trending on Billboard
The post noted that Douglas has “maintained a close relationship with Beard and the bandmates,” and had even sat in for Beard during a Paris performance in October 2002 when he underwent an emergency appendectomy.
“He is looking forward to a speedy recovery,” the post concluded.
ZZ Top launched their Elevation tour in October 2024, and toured throughout the U.S. until November. The trek resumed on March 5, and will see the group performing across the country until April, when they visit Australia and New Zealand. Further North American dates will be held upon their return, though it’s currently unknown when Beard will resume his place behind the kit.
Beard has been the drummer of ZZ Top since 1969, when he took over from co-founder Dan Mitchell. Alongside vocalist and guitarist Billy Gibbons, Mitchell and bassist Lanier Greig had founded the band that same year.
Following Grieg’s replacement by Billy Ethridge, Dusty Hill assumed the role of bassist in 1970, with their lineup remaining unchanged for 51 years until Hill’s death at 72 in 2021. Elwood Francis has since served as the group’s bassist.
The group have not released a studio album since 2012’s La Futura, though Gibbons has claimed a new record featuring contributions from the late Hill is in the works.
Taking inspiration from The Cure’s Robert Smith, Neil Young has informed fans that he will no longer be offering ‘Platinum’ tickets to his upcoming shows.
Young’s change in ticketing attitudes follows on from an interview Smith conducted with The Times in October 2024. The interview occurred just weeks after Oasis had put the controversial topic of dynamic ticket pricing into the headlines, and Smith had attempted to keep tickets as low as possible – often as low as $20 – for their U.S. tour dates.
Explore
Explore
See latest videos, charts and news
See latest videos, charts and news
“I was shocked by how much profit is made [by ticketing],” Smith said. “I thought, ‘We don’t need to make all this money.’ My fights with the label have all been about how we can price things lower. The only reason you’d charge more for a gig is if you were worried that it was the last time you would be able to sell a T-shirt.”
Trending on Billboard
“It was easy to set ticket prices, but you need to be pig-headed,” he added. “We didn’t allow dynamic pricing because it’s a scam that would disappear if every artist said, ‘I don’t want that!’ But most artists hide behind management. ‘Oh, we didn’t know,’ they say. They all know. If they say they do not, they’re either f–king stupid or lying. It’s just driven by greed.”
Now, Young has taken to his own Neil Young Archives website to point to Smith’s 2024 comments, explaining how the conversation inspired him to make his own changes in terms of ticketing to his shows.
“It’s the story of the bad thing that has happened to concerts world-wide. It’s this story that really helped me to realize that I have a choice to make and can make a difference for my music loving friends,” Young explained. “My management and agent have always tried to cover my back on the road, getting me the best deals they could.
“They have tried to protect me and my fans from the scalpers who buy the best tickets and resell them at huge increases for their own profits. Ticketmaster’s High priced Platinum tickets were introduced to the areas where scalpers were buying the most tickets for resale. The money went to me. That did not feel right.”
As Young concluded, he alerted his fans to the fact that ‘Platinum’ tickets will no longer be available for his upcoming performances in the near future.
“I have decided to let the people work this out,” Young added. “Buy aggressively when the tickets come out or tickets will cost a lot more in a secondary market.”
Young’s upcoming tour will see him accompanied on all shows by the Chrome Hearts band, featuring his longtime collaborator keyboardist/organist Spooner Oldham, as well as Promise of the Real members Micah Nelson (guitar/vocals), Corey McCormick (bass) and Anthony LoGerfo (drums). The group released the grungy anthem “Big Change” in January. Young debuted the Chrome Hearts band last year and has said an album from the group is tentatively slated for release in April.

Rolling Loud California, day one was packed with big performances and vibrant energy. From interviewing some of the stars slated to perform to bringing you highlights from the day’s shows, keep watching as we recap everything you may have missed on day one!
What did you think of Rolling Loud day one? Let us know in the comments below!
Tetris Kelly:
Billboard is at Rolling Loud Los Angeles, and from the vibes to the interviews with the artists and seeing them on stage, we take you there in “Billboard All Access.”
Cash Cobain:
Rolling Loud is from California. I see the palm trees. It’s beautiful. It’s amazing. I’m about to go perform right now, so, you know what I’m saying, it’s feeling good right now.
Tetris Kelly:
Before making it to the headliners, we had to check out the vibes at Hollywood Park, and fans were taking advantage of actual carnival rides, in addition to getting their hair and looks on point at multiple activations with tattoos and more. And don’t forget karaoke. There were also real artists backstage before their big sets.
DDG:
I just want to be one of the ones that come out here one day. And you know, I’m not pulling up at three o’clock, I’m pulling up at the SoFi Stadium doing — hell out of my own s—. You know what I mean?
Tetris Kelly:
Also you’re on the track with headliner Playboi Carti, man. Billboard ranked it the eighth best song out of the 30 songs. So how was it to work with my boy?
Cash Cobain:
Shout out to “FINE S—” man. For sure.
Tetris Kelly:
How is it to see, like, your peers out in the crowd and stuff at performances?
Derrick Milano:
It’s like you see them in the elements, and you see all the work and the hard work that’s put in, and you just appreciate who they are as artists and what you do.
Tetris Kelly:
And do you actually care about any of the other headliners that’s played, like anybody’s set you are trying to see before you bounce out tonight?
Keep watching for more!
LE SSERAFIM‘s HOT tops this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (March 14) on Billboard, choosing the South Korean pop group’s fresh EP as their favorite new music release of the past week.
This week’s poll was brimming with competition, but the latest from LE SSERAFIM had supporters swooping in with 86% of the vote. Voters this week chose HOT over new music releases from an impressive pool of music talent — with artists in the mix including Chappell Roan, Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco, Playboi Carti, Haim, Sleep Token, Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Peso Pluma and Charley Crockett.
HOT is LE SSERAFIM’s fifth mini album, the follow-up to last year’s CRAZY, which reached No. 7 on the Billboard 200, their highest spot on the all-genre albums chart to date.
The girl group’s HOT set — featuring five songs: title track “Hot,” plus “Born Fire,” “Come Over,” “Ash” and “So Cynical (Badum)” — dropped on March 14, along with an official music video for “Hot” (seen above). Fans first got a teaser about the project from singers Kim Chaewon, Sakura, Huh Yunjin, Kazuha and Hong Eunchae in February.
Trending on Billboard
In April, they’ll head out on the Easy Crazy Hot Tour in support of their recent EPs, with concert dates currently scheduled in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China, the Phillippines, Thailand and Singapore.
Among the new music trailing behind HOT on the poll this week are Chappell Roan’s new single, “The Giver,” with 4% of the vote; Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco’s latest track, “Sunset Blvd,” with 2% of the vote, and Playboi Carti’s Music album, also with 2% of the vote.
See the final results of this week’s poll below.
Take Our Poll